I’m Vanessa, but you can simply call me Van. I was born and raised in Bohol but is now currently residing in the Queen City of the South, Cebu City, Philippines.
I’m an ordinary freelance worker by day and an extraordinary geek by night, well, mostly all day. Growing up, I know I’m going to become a bookworm. I remember when I was in my 3rd grade, I always love reading dialogues to myself and pretending I’m the voice actors or even the character itself. I was then introduced to the beautiful world of tagalog romance novel during my 5th grade and that’s when I realized my passion in reading which also made me aspire to become a writer someday.
College life was like h*ll and that’s when I started reading English books and eventually, I become addicted to it. I’ve been hoarding and reading books since then. Aside from reading books, you can find me watching anime or jamming to Avril Lavigne and Simple Plan‘s music.
If you can’t find me at home, I’m probably gone wandering. Yep, like most people, I love traveling. I wish I could just read and travel without worrying about my bills lol.
10 Random Facts About Me:
10. I love photography, but I’m not good with angles lol.
9. Terrified to get eaten by sharks. (Yep, I blame this to my cousins who loves to watch shark movies when I was younger)
8. When I was in high school, I tried writing 2 tagalog romance stories but all got stuck in chapter two. I already have my plot, conflict and the ending but I don’t know what to write in the middle.
7. I have tons of barbie collection when I was young and have my younger boy cousin play with me. (And nope, he’s not gay. As a matter of fact, he’s crush ng bayan now)
6. I’m a sucker for a Filipino-style spaghetti. (I’m sure I could live forever just eating that)
5. I cried so hard after our first thesis proposal was denied. I was then caught by my sister which she spread the news to our mother. I gave them the reason that my close friend/classmate died. Yep, that’s lame.
4. I love watching horror and morbid (like you can see blood all over) movies.
3. I’m a sucker for anything cute.
2. I love chocolates. (if chocolate hills is edible, it’s gone by now for sure)
1. This is my first time making a random list and I don’t want to do it again, haha, it’s hard!.
I’m normally shy, but I always love meeting new people. So if you want to make friends, please feel free to contact me through my social media accounts, or you can shoot me an email. Don’t worry, I don’t bite *wink.